2015 National Extension Tourism Conference
“Coast to Coast Tourism Matters!”
Join us in Galveston, TX, October 27-29, 2015!
- NET 2015 Conference Registration Now Open
- Click Here to Book Your Room at Moody Gardens Hotel
- NET 2015 Conference Full Program
- Shuttle Options from Houston Airports to Moody Gardens Hotel
- Share Board: For those interested in sharing transportation or rooms.
- Moody Gardens Attractions
- Submit a 2-Minute Video of Your Programs
- Biography for Keynote Speakers Carol Patterson & Kelly De Schaun
- Save the Date Flier NET 2015
Comments from the past conferences:
“Great programs with applied/case studies; networking to better share Extension programs/materials”
“Great Networking—learning what’s happening across America”
“Able to explore other work and learn from successful experiences/projects – Contacts with others”
“Better understanding research methods being used in tourism development”
“Helpful for finding people as resources for future needs; finding work that has already been done and shareable”
“The wide variety of topics covered and programs/models featured; each session had something that would be helpful regardless of your area of focus”
We welcome you to join fellow Extension professionals, University Research and Teaching faculty, students, tourism professionals and community officials to renew relationships, renew old contacts and learn more about new developments in the following topics.
This conference is only held every other year to make sure to attend!
- Rural Tourism Development/Tourism in Resilient Communities
- Community and Regional Planning and Development
- Economic, Environmental, and Social Impacts of Tourism and Recreation
- Agritourism—Local Foods, Farmers Markets, Culinary Tourism
- Heritage and Cultural Tourism
- Nature-Based Tourism: Ecotourism, Wildlife Enterprises, Adventure Tourism, Coastal Tourism
- Marketing and Promotion
- Tourism Research and Evaluation
- Tourism Education, Training, and Certification Programs
We are also pleased to announce that we have been accepted to develop our Extension tourism working group into an official eXtension.org Tourism Community of Practice! The conference will include a session to learn more about Communities of Practice (CoP) and provide input for the Tourism CoP.
The mission of the National Extension Tourism (NET) Design Team is to enhance Extension tourism programs nationally by providing relevant information, useful resources, and networking opportunities for Extension professionals and others working in the broad area of tourism and recreation.
For information from previous NET Conferences, click here.
This Site Hosted by the Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Nature Tourism Program
with the Department of Recreation, Park, & Tourism Sciences at Texas A&M University