National Extension Tourism (NET): http://extensiontourism.net
NEWS: We are now an approved eXtension Foundation Community of Practice. “Tourism & Recreation”. We are in the development stage and we invite those interested in helping develop content to contact us and sign up for and eXtension.org account ID
The mission of the National Extension Tourism (NET) Design Team is to enhance Extension tourism programs nationally by providing relevant information, useful resources, and networking opportunities for Extension professionals and others working in the broad area of tourism and recreation.
In 2013 we were approved to become a formal eXtension Community of Practice (CoP). The NET 2013 Conference will include sessions on how to participate and how this will help us deliver value to our clients in the tourism sector. For information on the CoP process please follow the link below.
Pay particular attention to the section Using the PEOPLE tool to manage communities”
Please make sure to sign up for your eXtension ID (accessible through the above link also)
- Outlining potential tourism education modules for further development (the Community Tourism Assessment and Development module has been developed and tested by the Western Rural Development Center)
- Site identification for National Extension Tourism Conferences.
- Developing a National Tourism Publication database through Michigan State University Extension
NATIONAL EXTENSION TOURISM DESIGN TEAM
Chair: Miles Phillips
Origin — The National Extension Tourism Design Team was originally created in 1994 as one of four national Extension focuses under the Communities in Economic Transition Initiative.
- Holly George, County Director Plumas-Sierra Counties
- Steven Burr, Utah State University; National Extension Tourism Design Team
- Doug Arbogast, West Virginia University Extension
- Diane Van Wyngarden, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
- Diane Kuehn, New York Sea Grant; SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry
- Lisa Chase, University of Vermont Extension
- Chair: Miles Phillips, Texas Agrilife Extension Service, Texas A& M University
- Stacy Tomas , Tennessee Tech University
- Suzanne Ainley, BES, MSc, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicole Vaugeois – Vancouver Island University, Canada Nicole. Nicole.Vaugeois@viu.ca
- Scott Loveridge, Director – North Central Regional Center for Rural Development (NCRCRD)
- Stephan Goetz, Northeast Regional Center for Rural Development
- Don Albrecht, Director of the Western Rural Development Center
- Sumner Davis, Interim Director, Southern Regional Development Center
The National Extension Tourism (NET) Design Team was created in 1994 as one of four national Extension focuses under the Communities in Economic Transition Initiative.
This Site Hosted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Nature Tourism Program
with Department of Recreation, Park, Tourism Sciences at Texas A&M University